[Qgis-psc] Fwd: No QGIS in stretch due to Qt4 WebKit removal

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jan 11 07:14:47 PST 2016

Hi,

On 11.01.2016 15:44, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 11/01/2016 14:35, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> QWebView also used by Processing for displaying help and maybe also
>> by QGIS help system too.
> AFAIU now in Debian we have qscintilla2 also for Python2, so the plans
> are to compile QGIS with Qt5+Py2. Therefore, the main issue for Debian
> testing/sid users will be webkit. Considering that 2.14 is an LTR, and
> we plan to extend its duration to 2 years, wouldn't it be feasible to
> try and reduce the problem, at least for Processing, replacing webkit
> with something else?
> Thanks a lot.
hm - I (and probably others) use the HTML widget in the print composer
quite a lot. It is the only way to have richer content in print
composer. Not a good move to just compile without Webkit and there is no
good replacement. It would cause me troubles. Can't we package and ship
Webkit ourselves along with QGIS, if it really is a problem for 2.14?