[Qgis-psc] Call for Presentations and Workshops. 2nd Int. QGIS Conference, May 2016

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Thu Jan 21 03:12:24 PST 2016

On 20/01/16 12:43, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
>> On 20 Jan 2016, at 12:46, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com
>> <mailto:tim at kartoza.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lluis
>>
>> Thanks for this - I will make a blog post about it too to get some
>> more publicity!
>>
>> @Richard can you do one of those nice banners for QGIS.org
>> <http://qgis.org/> publicising the event?
>>

> http://blog.qgis.org/2016/01/20/present-at-the-2nd-international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/
>
> By the way PSC, Lluis have very kindly organised sponsorship of the
> monastery and food etc costs over the hackfest. Lluis how should we
> manage the booking of rooms etc? Do you have a system already set up
> for it or shall we do it on our wiki?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

Dear all,

This is still an issue to be solved but I think that the best way to
manage and organize the hack fest, should be via your wiki page. Let me
clarify this point with an example of a possible work flow:

a) My opinion is that the conference website [1], should be a good
platform to inform and to give details about what is a Hack fest, how to
participate, venue and accommodation, ... in summary, a place where to
find all the relevant information about this activity.

b) When a person decides to participate in this activity (by testing,
coding, translating, ...), a button with a link will redirect him/her
from the conference website to your wiki page where you can
control/manage who is being registered, tasks to develop, etc... I don't
know how you usually organize yourself from inside, and this are just
some examples...

c) Once you have a list of registered attendees to the hack fest (for
instance, 40 persons), you should decide (I don't know the method to
use, perhaps by lottery or any other kind of ranking and selection) whom
will be accommodated at the monastery, while the rest should be
allocated in an hotel or apartment nearby, at his/her own charge. Once
we have the list of the 26 persons that will be accommodated at the
monastery, we can proceed to book and assign the rooms.

As I said in previous conversations, we would like to cover the maximum
of the hack fest expenses. That is:

#1) accommodation of 26 persons
#2) breakfast of 26 persons
#3) lunch and dinner for all the attendees (i.e. 40 persons)
#4) rooms for working

Do you find this work flow usefulfor you? Any comments, suggestions or
doubts?

[1]
http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/hackfest/

All the best,
--
*Lluís Vicens*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG