[Qgis-psc] Which version should be LT?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Jan 28 08:55:00 PST 2016

Hi

Without taking a particular position pro or contra but

- every LT always starts with latest features

- there's a certain risk of the situation 2.16 no longer receives
updates, 3.0 is not yet released and 2.14 LT receives updates but lacks
features which people are used to from 2.16.
In this scenario people will either ask for
 * more fixes in 2.16 (resulting in maintenance releases for 2.14 and
2.16 while developing 3.0) or
 * backport of features to 2.14 (there your oxymoron goes)

Matthias