[Qgis-psc] Moving the issue queue to github

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:14:57 PDT 2016

Hi all,

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/16 7:01 AM, Anita Graser wrote:
>
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org> wrote:
>>
>> What is our final consensus about how we want to do the issue tracker
>> migration? My preference would be to just make the existing one read only
>> and then back reference tickets in it from GitHub.
>

> I'd welcome the move to GitHub.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>
> +1
>
> --
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Gary Sherman

I haven't found an option in Redmine administration panel to put it in
read-only mode, anyone knows if there is at all?

I guess also that we should write a small message (so we can have it
quickly translated) and have it sent to the several official qgis
maliling lists/social networks/plugins authors that are still hosting
their code/tickets on Redmine. I gave it a shot down here, please
correct/change anything you think needs to:

-------------
Dear QGIS users/developers and QGIS plugins developers
the QGIS project decided to start using GitHub to host the project bug
tracker and wiki (in addition to the source code), two resources that
until now were available at the url http://hub.qgis.org/. QGIS hub
will then be placed in a read-only state at the same time as we spread
the news about this changes

What will change? What actions will need to be taken?

* new issues/feature requests tickets will need to be opened in the
new QGIS bug tracker on GitHub (URL HERE)

* if you need to comment/answer/add new informations in an already
existing ticket on Redmine then please file a new ticket on GitHub bug
tracker, using the same subject and adding a link of same
issue/request on the old platform

* plugins developers that used hub.qgis.org to host their plugin
code/wiki/bug tracker will have to change platform too (suggested
GitHub, but also GitLab, BitBucket, a self hosted one, etc.)

* wiki pages will be migrated by project team members(?)