[Qgis-psc] Checking in about the conference

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Tue May 17 01:26:26 PDT 2016

On 09/05/16 23:34, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi Lluis
Hi Tim,

I'm sorry for my late reply but I've been out of the office for an
European project meeting and I had been out for a while.

> I just wanted to check in with you to see how things are going with
> the conference organisation?  Is there anything you need help with
> that we can do from the QGIS community?
The conference looks pretty good. Workshops and conference programs have
been sent to print, and we are going to finish the last details along
this week. Regarding to the numbers, we have 136 attendees to the
Spanish FOSS4G and 102 to the QGIS Conference.

My only fear is about the presentation of "*QGIS contribution in
supporting communities in securing their rights on their traditional
space of life (tenure), case of Mpama community in DRC/Equateur province
– Lukolela*" because the presenter is not already registered, and he is
coming from Congo. He asked us documentation and invitation letters that
we provided months ago, but we didn't longer received news from his
side. This could affect the QGIS program: then we should proceed to move
up "*GIS at use in municipality of Frederikssund*" and "*THREDDS
Explorer plug-in, bringing meteoceanographic operational data into QGIS
presentations*", giving extra time to the *QGIS Town Hall meeting.
*
Is anybody know about Jean Paul Ngalamulume Tshiaba? *
*
We are also preparing an email to all the attendees in order to give
some important details about logistic issues before the conference.
Another email will be sent to Hack Fest attendees.

> For the finances is everything under control?
Yes, the sponsorship coming from Boundless and GeoCat, as well as a
company from Girona (Nexus Geographics), gave us the necessary push for
move things forward!  Now, we have a big amount of small details to
solve, but we are in time! :) The support from OSGeo for helping in the
Hack fest meeting has been also a valuable help.

All the best, and thanks for your interest and help!
See you next week!
Lluís

--
*Lluís Vicens*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG