[Qgis-psc] Plugin management: one step forward

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 27 22:17:03 PDT 2016

Hi Harissou,

Il 27/05/2016 21:18, DelazJ ha scritto:

> What about a "recommended" tag  instead of "trusted"? Though not used, I
> fear that user may considere others as "untrusted" and some do not
> deserve this.

What we want to say here is that the plugin in this list are more
guaranteed than other, in the sense that we trust author not introducing
malicious code or deliberate errors, what we cannot guarantee for other
plugins. Recommended in my view is closer to the Featured category.

> Unless "most downloaded" is considered by release, I'm not sure it is
> significant. Some plugins are often released due to new features but
> also because not heavily tested before release. We can end up with a new
> release per month meaning that all downloads number can exceed a single
> but heavily tested release plugin downloads (while none of its versions
> reaches the single released plugin downloads).

Agreed, downloads must be taken relatively. They give an idea about how
popular a plugin is, and how well tested it may be.

> That said, what is actually behind the "Featured" tag? I remember a
> discussion about this term but can't find it nor recall what was the answer.

See my other email. Feedback welcome.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu