[Qgis-psc] Statute modifications

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Oct 4 15:35:54 PDT 2016

Hi

> On 04 Oct 2016, at 11:11 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi Paolo,
>
> I haven't read the statutes, so sorry for my question. Is there a
> limitation for the number of subsequent terms? So if somebody does a
> good job in the 2 years, is there a problem with keeping the same person
> for another term? On the other hand, if someone gets sidetracked within
> this time and cannot afford to put the time required to fulfill the job
> assigning someone else after 2 years would be very welcome.

Yes that pretty much exactly sums up the plan (as relates to PSC membership). We don't propose any limits on the number of times a person can be re-appointed, but it won't be defect reappointment - we will all be up for re-election after our 2 year cycle. Existing members will be automatically nominated (unless they stand down). QGIS Committers can put forward any other candidates they like and QGIS Voters will make the final choice.

For QGIS Voting Members I am proposing membership be perpetual (or until a motion is passed to have them removed).

Note the statutes changes are in (near final) draft and open for all to view and comment on here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FcChHYgoI4FlURrZRYBjD8kB6IBW_BaG0Ieg8TDT0pM/edit?usp=sharing

> All the best
>
> Matthias
>

> On 04/10/16 10:46, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have read the modification of the statute, and I must congratulate
>> with Tim and Andreas for the exceptional work they have done to polish
>> it. I think now it is much more manageable and understandable.
>> The only point I'm still not so sure about is the 2 years term for board
>> members, especially for Chair and Treasurer: don't you think this is
>> really too short, and may push unwanted changes in the organization for
>> critical issues in steering the project? I think we need a longer term
>> strategy, and a stable management of resources; a 3 to 5 years term
>> might be more appropriate.
>> All the best.

—

Tim Sutton