[Qgis-psc] still 155 projects on hub :-(

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Sep 18 22:47:35 PDT 2016

Il 18/09/2016 11:55, Anita Graser ha scritto:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
> <rdmailings at duif.net <mailto:rdmailings at duif.net>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>
>     we still have 155 projects on hub:
>
>     mysql> select count(*) from projects;
>     +----------+
>     | count(*) |
>     +----------+
>     |      155 |
>     +----------+
>     1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
>     Is it an idea to do some broader communication about the removal?
>
>     Like writing pushing the email to blog.qgis.org <http://blog.qgis.org>?
>

> ​+1
>
> Suggestion: blog post + emails to announce deadline in 7 days,
> afterwards we move on.

Thanks Richard. I'm working on it. After a bunch of responses, thanks to
which I could delete several tens of projects, now I'm getting little or
no feedback.
I agree that keep on soliciting a response from authors is necessary,
and probably a blog post + tweets etc. could help.
After that I can send another email (it would greatly help if we could
extract only addresses of the remaining authors).
I do not think we should delete any project, unless they are really
useless, as this would hurt our users. I can evaluate individual
projects once the number has gone down to a reasonable size (say, under 50).
Alternative approaches:
* leave only the unmigrated projects on the old redmine (not nice, we'll
have to maintain the old infrastructure)
* mark them as unmaintained/orphaned and move them (to GH?).
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu