[Qgis-psc] Discussion on the QGIS grant proposals

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Sep 21 23:58:43 PDT 2016

Hi Marco,

I am pretty sure that the community voting members have a good sense and
overview what is good and necessary for the project. I am not so sure if
all of the user groups have the same amount of insight into the project
- but they have their users perspective.

In that context I thought it is useful to have such a discussion - and
also to put it into the context of the already existing principles of
our funding - meaning that we usually don't want to support development
of new features, because we believe that these are easier to be financed
by others and can be developed directly in contracts with companies.

Sorry that I rushed a bit into it, but the voting period is short and I
wanted to provide some background information.

Andreas