[Qgis-psc] QGIS.ORG Chart - updated draft

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Mon Sep 26 14:42:49 PDT 2016

Hi Harrisou

> On 26 Sep 2016, at 5:40 PM, DelazJ <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Tim, thanks for summarizing the processes and help everyone understand how things rule. Not always easy to see the whole picture of the organization.
>
> About Community voting members, I thought that, as discussed in https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2016-May/004274.html <https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2016-May/004274.html> (couldn't find qgis-psc on Nabble! is that normal?) they were elected for 2-3 years and not illimited. Has this changed ?
> I'm however wondering how would election be equally organized if new user groups are created in the meantime (hence new community voting members that would not have these 2-3 years old representation)

Hmm you are right thanks, and I have updated my copy to correct that (and Martin's duplicate name and added in Vincent Picavet who was missing in my diagram). Though now I've been thinking about the 2 or 3 year rotation for Voting Members and wondering if it is a good idea. There are already a lot of moving parts to keep track of and keeping track of who's is up for rotation when seems like it is going to be a lot of work. Also as the number of country user groups grow it will afford us the chance to take on more QGIS Community Voting members. So I wonder if it would not be a better idea to treat QGIS Community Voting Members like OSGEO Charter Members (which I believe have membership for life).....?

> Also note that Martin Dobias appears twice in the list.
>
> Regards,
> Harrissou

> Hi Yves
>

>> On 26 Sep 2016, at 10:00 AM, Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr <mailto:yjacolin at free.fr>> wrote:
>>
>> Tim,
>>
>> From a practical point of view, does it possible to have an A4 paper size
>> layout to print it?
>>

> To be honest I didn't actually try to print it yet, I am first interested in getting the content right. I don't know if I can make it fit  - let me finish making any revisions and then see if I can get it onto two sides of an A4 maybe?
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>

>> Y.
>> On Sunday, September 25, 2016 23:58:52 Tim Sutton wrote:
>>> Hi Andreas (cc PSC FYI)
>>>

>>> I spent a bunch more time reworking the org chart for our docs. I'm
>>> attaching two versions [1,2]- one with names and one with out. I have
>>> included a year flow piece below which we can exclude from our trade
>>> registry submission but I would like to include as part of our
>>> communications to our general user community.
>>>
>>> Others following this thread: Please note this is a draft and subject to
>>> change - your comments are welcome. We are writing up explanatory text to
>>> go with it so if things are not self evident, hopefully the accompanying
>>> text will clarify things.
>>>
>>> PSC: Also interested in your comments to see if you agree with the general
>>> structure of PSC vs Board vs Working groups vs Voting Members etc.
>>>

>>> [1]
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__vDnQXCKiwclVJSlpuVkZOR0k/view?usp=shari <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__vDnQXCKiwclVJSlpuVkZOR0k/view?usp=shari>
>>> ng [2]
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__vDnQXCKiweWNMaUdZVzA0U0k/view?usp=shari <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__vDnQXCKiweWNMaUdZVzA0U0k/view?usp=shari>