[Qgis-psc] Paid bug fixing for 2.18 LTR

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Apr 30 14:11:22 PDT 2017

Hi PSC

Following our meeting and our agreement that the 3.2 bug fixing funding
should be diverted to 2.18 LTR bug fixing, I was chatting with Giovanni
about triaging in prep for the paid bug fixing. In the past I think we
didn't have a good workflow in terms of making a good prioritized list of
issues to fix prior to launching the paid bug fixing.

​Andreas ​we would like to set up a process whereby before we do the call
for developers to participate in paid bug fixing, we first make a list of
priority issues (which Giovanni will help with) and then provide that list
as part of the call for paid developers so that the developers who feel
best qualified to resolve the issues can apply. Does that make sense for
everyone?

For 2.18 LTR since we already have the call out for paid bug fixers, I
would like to propose that we do this process retrospectively i.e. get
Giovanni to make a prioritized list of issues needing attention for the LTR
release and then ask the funded developers to focus their attention on that
list in order of priority.

One last thing we discussed will be to include a list of unresolved
regressions / critical bugs in the changelog so that users can be clear
when obtaining the release whether the remaining issues are critical in
their work.

Any other thoughts / objections?

​

 * Desktop GIS programming services