[Qgis-psc] QGIS Resource Sharing Plugin in core?

ElPaso elpaso at itopen.it
Wed Feb 1 02:30:53 PST 2017

Hi,

I've always been convinced that this plugin for "sharing" was a
fundamental feature to share symbology assets (and not only them!!!), so
fundamental that having it as a core plugin was taken for granted.

If the problem is the lack of quality of the plugin, well I can take it
and admit that we've failed the GSOC. No problems with that.

But now I start thinking that I might have completely misunderstood the
importance of the plugin in the first place.

Can I ask the PSC to take (or confirm) position on this topic?

See: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4087

There is already enough nonsense in that thread that I don't want to
reply more, but of course it's not a +34000 lines of code PR, well, it
is if you count jquery.js, *.css, *.html and all Python ext-libs and tests.

As for the responsibility: I take it for granted that if you commit a
feature you also "commit" to maintain it, but we are a community and we
agree to work together for the good of the project, this means that we
also agree to cooperate and help each other if needed.

Thanks!

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3: www.itopen.it