[Qgis-psc] PSC meeting

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Mon Feb 6 13:02:31 PST 2017

Hi

> On 06 Feb 2017, at 5:41 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> sorry I didn't make it. My notes:

No problem, thanks for your notes!

> * I've added my voted to the minutes
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J-4smr-o_xQUoOUvLI1O-ge3sBczElthGwvSZiKU5ZY/
> * I'll try again to set up a meeting with Nyall and Matthias about the
> plans for Q3; of course I'll keep psc informed about it
> * I'd like to discuss a bit in more detail about the resource sharing
> plugin; I'm not convinced keeping it out of the door is the best course
> of action, but I may miss something

Yeah I think the bulk of the debate was more about having a proper review process when inserting large chunks of code into master.  We can discuss it next meeting or in a earlier call if you like.

> * I propose to remind the meeting routinely one week in advance.

The reason we switched to having meetings on a fixed day of the month and times (now alternating times to accommodate those who want to meet in office hours) was so that we don't need to do this. Most calendar apps should let you create a monthly recurring appointment based on e.g. 'first monday of the month' and set pre-appointment reminders, so in my opinion we should not need humans in the loop. I can invite you in to my calendar appointment if you like. Generally we should only need to do some action here if we can't hold the meeting at the scheduled date and time.