[Qgis-psc] Analysis of donations/sponsorship 2016

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 14 05:06:45 PST 2017

Hi,

The Geopackage can be downloaded from here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0h3PAH5uoY6R1NwcmpTRTNGd1U

The individual payments are in the table
"donations_and_sponsorships_detailed_2016" - the column "postal_code"
links to the column "iso_a2" in the "countries" table.

There are 4 payment types:

PP - donation PayPal
WT - donation wire transfer
SPP - sponsorship PayPal
SWT - sponsorship wire transfer

I can imagine that one could flash at the centroid of a country whenever
a donation happens and have categories for donations vs. sponsorships or
according to the size of the contribution. Perhaps with a "glow effect"
similar to
http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/gewitter-atlas-so-haeufig-sind-blitze-in-deutschland-a-1104658.html
Not sure if there is enough data for such a visualization like the
flashes in Germany.

But I assume you got your own ideas.

Only if you have time though ... not a high priority thing.

Thanks,
Andreas