[Qgis-psc] Supporting QGIS Server development

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:32:50 PDT 2017

Hi all,
that is very good news that we find some QGIS.org funds to support some low
level tasks that remain really hard to fund otherwise.
3liz truely deserve this support since they put huge efforts in QGIS server
refactoring, thanks again to them for that. Thanks Andreas for pushing this
topic again.

Following the status update on qgis server refactoring made here [0], here
another update:

- we finally have our new website and published two web articles on QGIS
server security stress tests [1] and OGC compliancy testing framework [2]

- Paul finished GetLegend graphics refactor [3]

- René Luc finished GetCapabilities /  GetContext / DescribeLayer / GetStyles
(GetStyle)

So now, mandatory actions pending now, René-Luc, Yves, please correct me
and tell us how much you need  :

- Richard, we got distracted by some mail routing troubles, did you have
Paul's mail for finding a way to push the OGC html reports to test.qgis.org
?

-  GetPrint todo by Oslandia.  ~ at least 5000 euros but composer rework
can change it all.

-  GetFeatureInfo, DXFWriter by 3Liz

- Testing by Real Users before during feature freeze :)

- Try to reach a 100 % OGC compliancy by fixing issues or disabling some
very edge cases. We are currently limited by TeamEgine tool crashes. Paul
is hot on doing the job, but we'll need funding. I would start asking to
something like 5000 euros and see what we can do with it.

I can't evaluate the other tasks like pushing the performance benchmark
framework and define the reference test set in it.

Cheers
Régis

[0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2017-May/005316.html
[1] http://oslandia.com/en/2017/06/14/qgis-server-security-aspect/