[Qgis-psc] State of QGIS documentation and Python API documentation

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Tue Jun 20 14:02:31 PDT 2017

Hi

I still have some plans in the works for the python API documentation work
so I think we will be able to spend that to good effect soon. I did also
have a chat with Yves in Essen and in my opinion we should simply tell Yves
that the funds are available to support QGIS documentation work and give
him some discretion as to how they should be applied to the problem. Yves
do you have any concrete ideas on this?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr> wrote:

> Andreas, PSC,
>
> On mardi 13 juin 2017 10:30:18 CEST Andreas Neumann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder what the state of QGIS documentation is?
> QGIS 2.18 is almost done. We have a lot of ticket on PyQGIS API but we
> should
> move them to QGIS3.0 or somewhere else. I have 2-3 tickets to work on and
> probably the same for other contributors.
>
> Anyway, we are almost able to release the documentation.
>

> > Could a team of committed team of documenters be organized? Perhaps
> > partially funded by QGIS companies (e.g. by assigning part of their work
> > time to documentation work) and partially funded by QGIS.ORG? Maybe 2-4
> > people who can regularly dedicate a fixed amount of time to QGIS
> > documentation?
> Maybe Alexandre Neto is available? Harrissou?
>
> I won't be available in july (day off, FOSS4G-eu, start of my holidays)
> and in
> august (end of holidays, move to the new Camptocamp desk office and trip
> for
> customer). I will work on QGIS doc at the FOSS4G-Eu code sprint though.
>
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > We have 7.5k in the budget for 3.2 documentation and 5k for Python API
> > documentation - but I lack a plan how to wisely spend this amount. It
> would
> > be sad, if these two budget items wouldn't be used (like in last year).
>
> May be I can work on this in september, but not sure at all for now. I
> agree
> that we have great opportunities here and we should use them.
>
> Y.

*Tim Sutton*
QGIS Project Steering Committee Chair
tim at qgis.org