[Qgis-psc] Supporting QGIS Server development

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 00:41:43 PDT 2017

> ​So that makes ~13k to get Server up to speed?
>
> Hi Anita,

the speed part improvment is already done but need testing. The refactor
completion need probably more that 13000 euros but the 3000 k help to 3liz
is very welcome, and on our side, any external contribution for refactoring
the GetPrint service. In any case, we want that GetPrint done before
freeze. We already put some of our funds, and were partly paid for the last
6 months, but any help is welcome  :).

The other point is reaching a 100 % OGC compliancy, and then seek a OGC
certification (for WMS only right now) would require 5000 euros to go
deeper in understanding why 10% of the tests fail and why the test platform
sometimes crash with QGIS server. If we are lucky, some fails will be
solved during the week but we can't tell before investigating further.
We are not able to work on that part unless we found some funds.

The idea was to push a blog post from QGIS.org to try to get new funders,
I'm pretty convinced we have some big corporations relying on QGIS server
right now and not really aware that this refactor is a mandatory step. As
alway, refactor is not new features, so it's a lot harder to sell :)

Cheers
Régis