[Qgis-psc] QGIS developer meeting naming

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 2 04:49:02 PST 2017

On 02-03-17 09:00, Neumann, Andreas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Actually, this issue already came up many years ago, at the 6th QGIS
> developer meeting in 2011 in Zurich. I remember that the host of this
> meeting, Prof. Lorenz Hurni, asked us explicitly to change the name of
> the meeting from "hackfest" to "developer meeting". He was afraid, that
> the directors of the University wouldn't accept the meeting otherwise.
>
> As far as I remember, the past PSC decided to change the name to
> "developer meeting" back then. However, the name "hackfest" was hard to
> get rid off - and many people (incl. many on the PSC) still used the old
> term "hackfest". I guess there is nothing wrong with using the old term
> on IRC, etc. - but the web pages and any written communication around
> the dev meetings shouldn't use the term "hackfest" any more.
>
> It is just a matter of the concerned people to accept the past decisions
> and live them.

Mmm, unless you do not agree isn't it :-)

NO worries, I'll behave, and just 'dehacked' the Usergroup news. That is
I removed the hackfest term from there but... still consider myself a
proud hacker.

( and let's make fun of those that are still afraid of the term )

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|