[Qgis-psc] bug tracker cleanup

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Mar 10 06:55:20 PST 2017

Ola Giovanni,

Il 10/03/2017 15:14, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:

> Speaking about the severe list you may have noticed that there are
> issues that are known since a long ago, but there are also others that
> are *pretty recent*, in fact there are a few regressions that have
> slip into 2.18 since 2.14. Releasing now 2.18 as new LTR would mean
> effectively releasing a worse QGIS compared to 2.14.

thanks for spotting this.

> I would like to understand if before the release of the next LTR there
> will be scheduled bug fixing effort, as has been done for other
> releases; and, if in this is the case, it will be a targeted one, in
> order to give the priority to regressions that have appeared between
> 2.14 and 2.18.

it makes sense to me. how many do you think are important to fix?
how many affect 2.18 only, not 3?

> Note: we should really do something to ask people to be more
> disciplined when posting issues, making for example the category
> mandatory and  somehow help choosing the correct priority > ex: if is
> a regression then “severe”, if causes a crash then “high”, use normal
> for all the other cases. We should also state/force the users to try
> in a clean environment, with no 3rd party plugins before reporting.

Agreed fully. IMHO https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities are
a good reference.

> Note2: I would really like to do a major cleanup of the tracker in Essen.

Great, please tell if you need help, I'm available.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu