[Qgis-psc] Paid bug fixing for 2.18 LTR

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon May 1 04:44:22 PDT 2017

Hi all,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1frZQU8bwGX499WMvtOc6GDIWqEuSv3QHz3zc90TS46Q/edit?usp=sharing

> Andreas we would like to set up a process whereby before we do the call for developers to participate in paid bug fixing, we first make a list of priority issues (which Giovanni will help with) and then provide that list as part of the call for paid developers so that the developers who feel best qualified to resolve the issues can apply. Does that make sense for everyone?
> For 2.18 LTR since we already have the call out for paid bug fixers, I would like to propose that we do this process retrospectively i.e. get Giovanni to make a prioritized list of issues needing attention for the LTR release and then ask the funded developers to focus their attention on that list in order of priority.

here is *a* list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1frZQU8bwGX499WMvtOc6GDIWqEuSv3QHz3zc90TS46Q/edit?usp=sharing

there are two blocks of tickets: regressions (do not include the ones
only affecting master) and causing crashes or data corruption (that
are not necessarily regression). In the regression list I added a
column that states if the regression has surfaced in 2.18 (from a
previous release).

I will update the doc if/when I will found new tickets that belong to
the above lists.

cheers!

-- G --