[Qgis-psc] Requiring adequate plugin descriptions

ElPaso elpaso at itopen.it
Wed May 24 02:26:26 PDT 2017

Il 24/05/2017 11:08, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:
> On 23-05-17 20:04, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
>> On 23 May 2017 at 09:56, ElPaso <elpaso at itopen.it> wrote:
>>> In Boundless we started using a small wrapper around QgsNetworkAccessManager
>>> that mocks httplib2, I think that it should be part of core QGIS python
>>> utils, with a (still to be developed) "requests" replacement.
>>>
>>> You can find it in this repo:
>>> https://github.com/boundlessgeo/lib-qgis-commons/blob/master/qgiscommons/networkaccessmanager.py
>> the class dev by Alessandro has also another advantage, that it
>> integrates qgis auth management as described in:
>> http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/authentication.html#adapt-plugins-to-use-authentication-infrastructure
>>
>> we are working on this class to offer the same async bhavior of
>> QgsNetworkAccessManager instead of the only blocking behavior of the
>> httplib... and obviously adding tests for this class
> Nice!
>
> What about creating a qgis.utils package, or qgis.commons... and pull
> these classes into 3.0?
>
> Or let's just start with networkaccessmanager.py ?
>
> Regards,

Unfortunately we have not yet started the porting to master:
https://travis-ci.org/boundlessgeo/lib-qgis-commons

BTW, the idea for that repo is that it should contain all
functionalities that are NOT specific to Boundless, so that it can be
shared.

I've found this particularly useful:
https://github.com/boundlessgeo/lib-qgis-commons/blob/master/qgiscommons/settings.py

Cheers