[Qgis-psc] QGIS 3.0 and 2.18 bug fixing

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:36:03 PDT 2017

Hi Andreas

> I'd like to know if some of you core devs would be available for additional
> bug fixing this autumn/winter for the versions 3.0 and 2.18. If you are
> interested in contributing (for our usual hourly rate of € 100), please let
> me know how many days (approximately) you would be available.
>
> There are still plenty of funds available for bug fixing in both versions:
> for 2.18 we budgeted 16k € (only 7k spent so far), for 3.0 we budgeted 28k
> €.
>
> The exact date for 3.0 feature freeze is still under discussion, but I think
> that certain areas in the master code base are already stable enough to
> start bug fixing for version 3.x.

very nice that the project is still committed to support LTR bug fixing!

> As usual, please coordinate on the bug tracker and with Giovanni.

As many are not very fond of Redmine I continue maintain a Google doc
spreadsheet with 2.18.x regressions and issues causing crash or data
corruption (that of course are the issues with the highest priority
and should be considered first by bug fixers, imho):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1frZQU8bwGX499WMvtOc6GDIWqEuSv3QHz3zc90TS46Q/edit?usp=sharing

(As usual) There are a number of issues in a "feedback" state that are
awaiting an answer from the issuer, in several of this cases I wasn't
able to replicate the issue.

I'm CCing the PSC address here because there are devs that have not
received your email.

cheers!