[Qgis-psc] GH move

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:26:12 PDT 2018

On 5 June 2018 at 10:19, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Just read about ms buying GH. Maybe we should react reasonably fast?
> I'd be in favour of migrating to gitlab, preferably on our server.
> Opinions?
> Cheers.

Why? Honestly, what's changed from the QGIS project's perspective?

MS have been reasonably open-source friendly over recent years, and in
any case GitHub was always a proprietary platform run by a commercial
entity (vs gitlab, a *mostly-open* platform run by a commercial
entity). I personally can't see why there's been any big reaction at
all to this buy out, or why we would need to move fast on anything.

Nyall