[Qgis-psc] Grant application suggestions for next time

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jun 20 03:09:25 PDT 2018

Il 20/06/2018 11:59, Richard Duivenvoorde ha scritto:

> A little late on the table, but +1 for this idea's too. I think this
> make QGIS stronger, when we discuss ideas more broadly.
>
> One think I would like to add in a proposal, is a definition on what is
> to be the 'end product'. That is something written what can be used to
> 'check' if the proposal is finished or not.
>
> Maybe some 'check mark questions' like (all fake, but getting more
> difficult to accomplish):
>
> - the Foo provider will provide a base for running Foo scripts in future
> - the Foo provider can run the following basis Foo scripts (or tests)
> - the Foo provider is able to run all scripts the old provider did
> - ...
>
> Based on that it is easier to decide to pay out or partially or not.
>
> At this moment some proposals contain rather broad end products like:
> "this will be implemented for QGIS 3.4"
>
> OR am I talking to too many managers recently :-)

+1

BTW, now that we are ready to announce the outcome of the grant
programme, we should prepare an announcement saying something like "a
number of interesting and useful proposal didn't make it because of our
limited budget; we encourage organizations to pick up one of their
choice and sponsor it"
Maybe it wold be useful to add this to the announcement.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu