[Qgis-psc] Enable Probot-Stale on qgis/QGIS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jun 26 14:03:32 PDT 2018

Hi

On 06/26/2018 10:51 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>

>> On 26 Jun 2018, at 21:08, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it
>> <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> wrote:
>>
>> Il 26/06/2018 21:05, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>>> Hi Matthias
>>>
>>> From memory I think I proposed something like this before and there was
>>> some resistance so we never did it. If the resistance is gone yay :-)
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm always a bit concerned about automatic discarding the work of
>> others. Would this be after a fixed time, or only if the author fails to
>> reply after a while?
>
> Well a PR can always bee re-opened and I believe if the PR is is
> ‘active’ it does not get closed either. Of course the work also lives
> in the original submitter’s fork. So I think there are enough
> mechanisms to ensure that the work is not lost, while at the same time
> making it clear that there are requirements to be met before code can
> be merged into QGIS - which is a good thing I think.

The process is as follows:

 - After 14 days of inactivity, a message will be posted to the pull
request and it will be labeled "stale".
/  The message asks the author of the pull request to finish the work or
clarify with the reviewer team if things are unclear. If the pull
request is "active", that is if changes are pushed or a comment is
added, the pull request stays open (the 14 days restart if I am not
wrong). See screenshot on https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7311, our
wording is different.//
/
- After another 7 days without anything happening, the pull request is
closed with a message asking the author to reopen the pull request in
case he wants to finish the work.

- During feature freeze, pull requests which target the next release are
exempt from the above rules

Regards
Matthias