[Qgis-psc] again about the bug tracker

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 06:32:38 PDT 2018

Hi PSC,

The last issue about Redmine not sending mail makes me write again about
the topic.

I'd like to propose to change direction from the decision which has been
taken in Madeira about moving to Gitlab.

I'ts been roughly half a year and nothing moved except for a declined grant
proposal.

I have heard something from Steven Feldman at the FOSS4G which rang a bell.
I don't recall the exact formulation nor my phrasing is as precise but he
advised to be pragmatic and to avoid losing too much energy on ethical or
not-strictly-related-to-the-topic issues...and to me, we're looking at
something (Gitlab) which represents weeks of development just for the CI
and which barely bring anything valuable over Github while we stick to a
non satisfying solution (Redmine).

I would not deny that ethical is important...but what/who are working for?

Best wishes,
Denis

--

Denis Rouzaud