[Qgis-psc] again about the bug tracker

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
Wed Oct 10 07:09:24 PDT 2018

Hi,

the reason was the community vote.. As always, votes mainly focus on
features or tasks that touch users directly.

Cheers

Régis

On 10/10/2018 16:07, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
> ouch! I didn't know anything about declined grant to move to GitLab...
> what was the reasons?
>
> Luigi Pirelli

> * LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luigipirelli
> * Stackexchange: http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/19667/luigi-pirelli
> * GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
> * Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
> *
> https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
> * Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg
>

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 15:32, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
> <mailto:denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi PSC,
>
>     The last issue about Redmine not sending mail makes me write again
>     about the topic.
>
>     I'd like to propose to change direction from the decision which
>     has been taken in Madeira about moving to Gitlab.
>
>     I'ts been roughly half a year and nothing moved except for a
>     declined grant proposal.
>
>     I have heard something from Steven Feldman at the FOSS4G which
>     rang a bell. I don't recall the exact formulation nor my phrasing
>     is as precise but he advised to be pragmatic and to avoid losing
>     too much energy on ethical or not-strictly-related-to-the-topic
>     issues...and to me, we're looking at something (Gitlab) which
>     represents weeks of development just for the CI and which barely
>     bring anything valuable over Github while we stick to a non
>     satisfying solution (Redmine).
>
>     I would not deny that ethical is important...but what/who are
>     working for?
>
>     Best wishes,
>     Denis
>
>     --
>
>     Denis Rouzaud
>     denis at opengis.ch  <mailto:denis at opengis.ch>
>     +41 76 370 21 22

Open Source GIS Expert / Water management

mail: regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
tél: 0033 184 257 870 <sip:0033184257870>
http://oslandia.com/

OSLANDIA IS AN INNOVATIVE COMPANY SPECIALIZED IN GIS ARCHITECTURE. WE
PROVIDE SERVICE ON OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE FOR WHICH WE ARE EDITORS OR
RECOGNIZED EXPERTS.