[Qgis-psc] again about the bug tracker

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 10 08:20:58 PDT 2018

Hi,

Actually, the PSC could still decide that this is an important project
that needs to be financed outside of the QGIS grants. We can do that. No
problem.

However, if I remember the discussions in Madeira, there were no clear
plans around and who would do what. The grant proposal was meant to
provide more

Now, if I understand Denis, he suggests to have everything in github,
while many others would favour gitlab (but it would be a lot of work to
migrate things).

So, the PSC needs to have a clear proposal (without loosing a whole lot
of issue history) and then probably a vote from the core devs, to move
on with this. And whether to go with github or gitlab.

Andreas

On 2018-10-10 16:09, Régis Haubourg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the reason was the community vote.. As always, votes mainly focus on features or tasks that touch users directly.
>
> Cheers
>
> Régis
> On 10/10/2018 16:07, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
> ouch! I didn't know anything about declined grant to move to GitLab... what was the reasons?
>
> Luigi Pirelli

> * LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luigipirelli
> * Stackexchange: http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/19667/luigi-pirelli
> * GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
> * Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
> * https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition
> * Hire me: http://goo.gl/BYRQKg
>
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 15:32, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi PSC,
>
> The last issue about Redmine not sending mail makes me write again about the topic.
>
> I'd like to propose to change direction from the decision which has been taken in Madeira about moving to Gitlab.
>
> I'ts been roughly half a year and nothing moved except for a declined grant proposal.
>
> I have heard something from Steven Feldman at the FOSS4G which rang a bell. I don't recall the exact formulation nor my phrasing is as precise but he advised to be pragmatic and to avoid losing too much energy on ethical or not-strictly-related-to-the-topic issues...and to me, we're looking at something (Gitlab) which represents weeks of development just for the CI and which barely bring anything valuable over Github while we stick to a non satisfying solution (Redmine).
>
> I would not deny that ethical is important...but what/who are working for?
>
> Best wishes,
> Denis
> --
>
> Denis Rouzaud
> denis at opengis.ch
> +41 76 370 21 22 [1]

Open Source GIS Expert / Water management

mail: regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
tél: 0033 184 257 870 [2]

Links:
------