[Qgis-psc] again about the bug tracker

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:41:43 PDT 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 at 01:59, Vincent Picavet (ml)
<vincent.ml at oslandia.com> wrote:

> > This was the grant, which was rejected, but
> > * why? because we want to stick to Redmine? because they prefer Github /
> > not wasting energy? because voters prefer flashy features?
>
> The latter is clearly the reason. And I do think this is the limit of
> our current grant application program. It works well to decide for new
> features, but not for ground-level, hard, not shiny but necessary work.
> This has been seen multiple times with latest call for grant
> applications. I can understand it from a user point of view, but I do
> think this is the role of QGIS.Org to find a way to mitigate this.
> Funding features is not hard, while funding "uninteresting" but
> necessary work is. Bugfixing, bug triaging, PR Review, documentation,
> infrastructure... My opinion is that QGIS.Org should concentrate on
> these topics.
> This is not the main issue here though.

Can I request that this topic be split out into its own conversation?
You've clearly got concerns with the current grant process, so let's
not let the discussion about bug tracker/code repo get locked up with
this other discussion too. (Heck, it's complex/sensitive enough as it
is!).

Nyall