[Qgis-psc] Release post

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Mon Oct 29 02:44:02 PDT 2018

Hi

On 29.10.18 10:33, Anita Graser wrote:
> It would be good to have a volunteer taking responsibility for these
> release communications.
>
> For the future, I'm more than happy for anyone who wants to volunteer
> for doing the release communications on whatever schedule we agree on.
I already made an agenda item for the next PSC

> As soon as the published release data rolls up, there will always be a
> stream of user questions asking for infos and I'm not sure keeping the
> official channels quiet for a week will be such a great tactic either.
I fully agree with you. I'd much rather see that we can find a solution
for mac packages coming out quicker. maybe we should approach William
and ask if we can support him somehow? Or maybe the new installer
mentioned by Peter will be more distributed.
> Right now, links to the work-in-progress changelog float around
> everywhere without users necessarily realizing that it is a work in
> progress still.

I thnk this can be "fixed" for the next release by discussing what Régis
proposed

Cheers

Marco

--