[Qgis-psc] Performance tests QGIS Server

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 05:34:24 PDT 2018

Hi all,

> Anyone has plans to work to improve them?
>
> Yes, it's my next step over the coming weeks.

very nice to hear indeed.
I would like to thank a lot all people involved, one way or the other,
and committed to the development of QGIS Server!

I have anyway a question: would QGIS Server 3 be on par (and fully
compatible) with QGIS Server 2 by the time the new LTR will be out?
Explanation: when the new LTR will be out the repositories (and the
OSGeo4W installer for who uses Windows) will not ship anymore QGIS
2.18 and many (especially less experienced users) will blindly update
to QGIS Server 3 possibly breaking/slowing OGC Services and WebGIS
applications(?). Not sure if this make sense, if yes would also make
sense to keep available QGIS Server 2.18 for a longer period?

Cheers

-- G --