[Qgis-psc] Downloads

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Sun Sep 9 22:33:26 PDT 2018

Hi all,

On 09.09.2018 21:11, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Sun, 09. Sep 2018 at 20:15:42 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> So one access==one download? Is there the version name in the log?
> No, one access, one QGIS startup.  But I'm not really sure how cloudflare works
> - apparently it doesn't cache version.txt.
probably a page rule excluding it:

*qgis.org/version.txt

> The user agent string also contains the QGIS version number.  We currently have
> a 55GB access.log starting on 2017-12-02.  A "quick" analysis gives following
> 2.x top nine:
>
> 2939292 2.18.16
> 2222590 2.18.15
> 2103365 2.18.14
> 1699501 2.18.13
> 1624510 2.18.17
> 1291353 2.18.18
> 1192623 2.18.20
> 1126260 2.18.19
> 1031758 2.18.12
>
> and 3.x:
>
>  768318 3.0.0-Girona
>  565598 3.0.1-Girona
>  490046 3.0.3-Girona
>  482410 3.0.2-Girona
>  420191 3.2.0-Bonn
>  289905 3.2.1-Bonn
>  128916 3.2.2-Bonn
>   15599 3.1.0-Master
>    5172 3.3.0-Master
>
> Probably not too useful without also breaking it down in time frames.

what about filtering on IP? what LogFormat are we using?
we could add a request variable to the query on startup saying "first
start of the day" and then filter on those. so at least we would have
daily usage by version. would that be too much of phoning home?
obviously having an identifier of the installation would also be helpful ;)

ciao
Marco

> Jürgen

Marco Bernasocchi