[Qgis-psc] WGIC

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Sep 10 00:32:11 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Jeff and Maria from Osgeo recently drew my attention to:

===

during the UN-GGIM Forum in New York, Jack Dangermond announced the
birth of WGIC, which is a Council of industries
(https://wgicouncil.org/) operating in the geospatial sector.  At the
moment there are no FOSS4G members and the members are all giants of the
geospatial world. I wonder if it could be worth your presence there or
you believe that it is useless or unfeasible. My comment is that this is
something that has to be discussed, independently of the result of the
discussion (if being involved or not; if being involved as a single
company or as a network of companies)

===

whereas some QGIS-friendly companies could evaluate their individual
participation to it, it might also be feasible to participate as QGIS
(perhaps representing all companies involved).

Anyone interested?

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu