[Qgis-psc] Feature freeze exemption request: 7788

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:33:15 PDT 2018

Hi PSC,

i'd like to ask for permission for a feature freeze exemption for PR
#7788 - "Add a grid frame MARGIN In the "Print Layout" map grid"

Note upfront: this is NOT my work, or anything I'm personally involved with.

This PR has been open 10 days (with an original version PR opened a
week or so before that), and I just haven't had a chance to mentor the
author through all the changes required yet. Despite the author being
new to the project, the code is good quality and I think suitable for
inclusion in 3.4.

I'm just super-cautious here and would like more time to review the
code, given that it touches on some tricky logic/maths in the layout
grid item handling. I don't think the author should be punished for
this caution though!

Nyall