[Qgis-psc] Vision and goals of the QGIS project

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jun 9 09:01:42 PDT 2019

Hi Andreas,
I'm well aware of this, and I suggested already before  A CoruÇıa to fix
this[0]. Subsequently I have been talking with several of you to come
out with a proposal, but the thing proceeded slowly because several of
you expressed worries that this could cause frictions within the
project. I warmly welcome reviving the discussion. Let's talk about this
tomorrow evening.
cheers.

[0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2019-March/007233.html

On 09/06/19 13:05, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> During filling in the questionnaire of Steven I noticed that we haven't
> yet published a vision and goals for the QGIS project.
>
> We have all sorts of other statements: code of conduct, diversity
> statements, coding guidelines, trademark, etc. - but we have no vision
> and goals.
>
> I think it would be useful to add this in the future. I will add it to
> the agenda of the PSC meeting tomorrow for further discussion.
>
> We could start with a proposal and then ask our native speakers to
> polish them.
>
> Greetings,
> Andreas
> --