[Qgis-psc] Vision and goals of the QGIS project

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jun 10 08:55:44 PDT 2019

Thanks Richard. I also see voting as a partial failure. I think it's
always better to act on consensus, as it happened until not long ago,
even if this takes longer. Keeping our community together is IMHO more
important than fast and (apparently) efficient decisions.
Cheers.

On 10/06/19 16:28, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 09/06/2019 18.01, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>> I'm well aware of this, and I suggested already before  A CoruÇıa to fix
>> this[0]. Subsequently I have been talking with several of you to come
>> out with a proposal, but the thing proceeded slowly because several of
>> you expressed worries that this could cause frictions within the
>> project. I warmly welcome reviving the discussion. Let's talk about this
>> tomorrow evening.
>> cheers.
>>
>> [0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2019-March/007233.html
>
> Maybe usefull: on the Osmf-talk mailing list there is discussion about
> tagging etc, then a link to: an rfc: "On Consensus and Humming in the
> IETF" https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu