[Qgis-psc] 2019 grant voting is closed

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Fri Jun 28 02:33:35 PDT 2019

 > Personally I find it sad that server proposals never get a majority
on such votings. Seems like Desktop is still the priority for most
voters. But hey - improvements in QGIS core should also benefit server.

Myself I think this is a good thing. FOSS already has plenty of
excellent Geospatial Servers. What it doesn't have is lots of excellent
desktop applications. there are others of course and I'm not denigrating
them, but to me QGIS seems like the leader in up-take and probably
overall functionality. I think focussing on QGIS' strength (Desktop)
makes much more sense than splitting the very-limited resources on
duplicating the already-well-covered Server field.

Just my 2p,
Jonathan

On 26/06/2019 08:06, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Anita for doing the work on the grant proposals! Looks good to me.
>
> Personally I find it sad that server proposals never get a majority on
> such votings. Seems like Desktop is still the priority for most
> voters. But hey - improvements in QGIS core should also benefit server.
>
> And at least we now have a proposal and price tag for the open server
> proposals and can find someone else to fund these improvements.
>
> All of the proposals sounded useful to me and I hope we can find
> others to finance some of the proposals that didn't make it. Or they
> can submit again next year if that topic is still relevant then.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2019-06-25 23:02, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>> Hi Anita
>> All looks good to me.- thanks for doing this!
>> Regards
>> Tim
>>
>>> On 25 Jun 2019, at 19:11, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at
>>> <mailto:anitagraser at gmx.at>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> The grant voting is finished. We received 31 votes from 16 community
>>> representatives and 15 user group representatives.
>>> I've run the numbers to determine the successful proposals but I
>>> think we should have at least two more PSC members cross checking
>>> the results before publishing them:
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f6eAOW8XyxIfuQA1JF5qR1TinDQugofOrNoPJpY-ZUo/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> Please have a look and let me know if you confirm. My plan would be
>>> to announce the successful proposals on Sunday 30th June.
>>> Regards,
>>> Anita