[Qgis-psc] 2019 grant voting is closed

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Jun 30 11:47:59 PDT 2019

Hi,

This is the blog post draft. Please let me know if we need to change
anything. As previously mentioned, I assume we can fund 22k instead of the
original 20k:

We are extremely pleased to announce the winning proposals for our 2019
QGIS.ORG grant programme. Funding for the programme was sourced by
you, our project
donors and sponsors <https://www.qgis.org/en/site/about/sponsorship.html>!
*Note:* For more context surrounding our grant programme, please see: QGIS
Grants #4: Call for Grant Proposals 2019
<http://blog.qgis.org/2019/05/06/qgis-grants-4-call-for-grant-proposals-2019/>
.

The QGIS.ORG Grant Programme aims to support work from our community that
would typically not be funded by client/contractor agreements. For the
first time, this year we did not accept proposals for the development of
new features. Instead proposals should focus on infrastructure improvements
and polishing of existing features.

Voting to select the successful projects was carried out by our QGIS Voting
Members. Each voting member was allowed to select up to 6 of the 10
submitted proposals by means of a ranked selection form. The full list of
votes are available here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f6eAOW8XyxIfuQA1JF5qR1TinDQugofOrNoPJpY-ZUo/edit?usp=sharing>
(on
the first sheet). The second sheet contains the calculations used to
determine the winner (for full transparency). The table below summarizes
the voting tallies for the proposals:

A couple of extra notes about the voting process:

   - The PSC has an ongoing program to fund documentation so elected to
   fund the proposal "Open documentation issues for pull requests" even if
   this increases the total funded amount beyond the initial budget.
   - Although the budget for the grant programme was €20,000, the total
   amount for the winning proposals is €22,200. This increase is possible
   thanks to the generous support by our donors and sponsors this year.
   - Voting was carried out based on the technical merits of the proposals
   and the competency of the applicants to execute on these proposals.
   - No restrictions were in place in terms of how many proposals could be
   submitted per person / organization, or how many proposals could be awarded
   to each proposing person / organization.
   - Voting was ‘blind’ (voters could not see the existing votes that had
   been placed).

We received 31 votes from 16 community representatives and 15 user group
representatives.

On behalf of the QGIS.ORG project, I would like to thank everyone who
submitted proposals for this call!
A number of interesting and useful proposal didn’t make it because of
our limited budget; we encourage organizations to pick up one of
their choice and sponsor it.

Regards,
Anita