[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mac OS packaging and infrastructure

Peter Petrik peter.petrik at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 07:25:59 PDT 2019

Dear PSC,

We have published a QEP [1] as follow up of our discussions in A Coruña and
mailing-list [2] about the topic of transfer of qgis-mac-packager MacOS
packaging system to QGIS.org

Envisioned solution offers CI (travis) that builds the package on every
commit and therefore could be managed similarly to every other QGIS
development. It is not dependent on any external Mac Server and will very
likely to be more convenient for other people from QGIS community to
contribute. Denis Rouzaud can join the initiative and work on CI
integration part if this motion go forwards. We estimate the effort at 20
days. Considering the incertitude regarding the CI part, we add a security
margin of 5 days which will invoiced only if used.

We tried to crowdfund the first part of transition, but we managed to
receive just about 50% of the desired amount. Therefore we do not see much
potential to try again crowdfunding. We will continue to support and
release the unofficial Lutra package until October 2019.

If PSC see some ways forward with this motion, Lutra Consulting will be
more than happy to implement the proposed solution together with OPENGIS.ch.

We appreciate to have the discussion to the point(s) raised in this email
and related to this QEP.

Peter, Saber and Denis
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/143
[2]