[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mac OS packaging and infrastructure

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 01:56:37 PDT 2019

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 18:49, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 27 Mar 2019, at 08:37, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Wed, 27. Mar 2019 at 09:14:08 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>
> So I hereby give up my PSC position to somebody who can handle this
> tension better.
>

> Oh well - please reconsider.
>
> I've shot myself in the left foot with merging the debian changes last minute -
> and grass supplied the the ammo to shoot the other.  I need to clean up that
> mess first and therefore don't currently have time to defend our position.
>
> I usually didn't have to say much, because you already did - and we're on the
> same page.  Please don't give up.
>

> +1 thanks for taking time out from your self inflicted foot injuries to say what we all are thinking. at Richard: I agree that often dealing with this kind of stuff is not fun, but for myself I have always appreciated your perspective and your kind and honest way of furthering the agenda of QGIS as a free software platform for everyone, and I would hate to see you leave the PSC :-(

Richard,

On one hand I'd love to say another +1 to say I hope you will
reconsider this. I personally think your position is absolutely vital
for discussions of this nature and is crucial to see that the
volunteer aspect of the community is well represented.

BUT... There's also been hundreds of times I've been mid-way through a
volunteer QGIS fix or feature and then realised I wasn't enjoying what
I was doing at all, and shelved it until some possible future date
where someone may pay me to complete the work. So it's totally
hypocritical of me to ask you to reconsider, and I'd rather just say
that I totally understand the rationale behind your decision and
respect it accordingly.

Nyall