[Qgis-psc] Github sponsorship

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri May 24 00:12:29 PDT 2019

On 23/05/2019 22.13, Saber Razmjooei wrote:
> Dear PSC,
>
> Github announced the sponsorship initiative:
>
> https://github.blog/2019-05-23-announcing-github-sponsors-a-new-way-to-contribute-to-open-source/
>
> They have some interesting options for the first year:
> - Github matching fund (up to 5000 dollars)
> - no fees
>
> Would be good to know the PSC's opinion on that.

Mmm, why PSC only? I think 'we' are more diverse, could be discussed
here first?

I had a look, and it looks like it is being set up for individuals, so
to sponsor (up to 4) individual github users?

Does feel strange though, to put 4 'chosen ones' in this program?
Off course we have a lot of repo's so :-)

But maybe I miss the point.

I just joined the waitlist, just to see what they ask for...

Another thing which struck me as odd is that you get paid on your
github-account (and payment methods). So you have to setup billing stuff
at github (credit card or Paypal)? https://github.com/settings/billing
(when logged in)..

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde