[Qgis-psc] Github sponsorship

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 24 00:25:17 PDT 2019

Thanks Richard for the analysis. I think it is worth exploring ways to
do it properly. I agree that sponsoring individual developers is not the
best way for us, but it could be useful nevertheless, taking the fist 4
committers.
In general, I believe being in the front line on this will be
interesting, potentially rewarding.
Cheers.

On 24/05/19 09:15, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 24/05/2019 09.12, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> I had a look, and it looks like it is being set up for individuals, so
>> to sponsor (up to 4) individual github users?
>
> Ah: https://help.github.com/en/articles/about-github-sponsors
>
> Currently, only individual users can sponsor developers. If your
> organization is interested in sponsoring developers, please let us know
> by emailing opensource at github.com.
>
> GitHub is exploring ways to introduce sponsorships for teams of people
> that work on a single project. If you'd like to join our sponsored teams
> advisory panel, email opensource at github.com with the subject line
> [GitHub Sponsors] Interested in the Sponsored Teams Advisory Panel.
> Please include:
>
>     The name of your project
>     Information about your team
>     Why you are interested in joining the advisory panel
>
> You can also recommend developers to participate in the limited beta.
> Send an email to opensource at github.com with a link to the developer's
> GitHub profile and optionally their contact information.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: