[Qgis-psc] Github sponsorship

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Sat May 25 06:35:15 PDT 2019

Hi all

On 24.05.19 10:14, qgis-psc-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
>> Does feel strange though, to put 4 'chosen ones' in this program?
>> Off course we have a lot of repo's so
>>
>> But maybe I miss the point.

I think you do :)

we don't have to put the 4 links, we could but we don't have to.

how I see it is that every github user can receive sponsorship for

himself totally independent of QGIS.org.

>> GitHub is exploring ways to introduce sponsorships for teams of people
>> that work on a single project. If you'd like to join our sponsored teams
>> advisory panel, email opensource at github.com with the subject line
>> [GitHub Sponsors] Interested in the Sponsored Teams Advisory Panel.
>> Please include:
>>
>>     The name of your project
>>     Information about your team
>>     Why you are interested in joining the advisory panel

I think this is the way we as qgis should pursue. any of our
committers/docwriters/... can join the program by them selves and maybe
convince somebody to sponsor them for work on QGIS. I think it is a
great idea.

Cheers

Marco

--