[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] Direct push forbidden to master

ElPaso elpaso at itopen.it
Fri Nov 8 00:25:30 PST 2019

Il 08/11/19 09:02, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
> Hi Denis,
>
> On Fri, 08. Nov 2019 at 08:56:35 +0100, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
>> We have had the direct push forbidden to master for a bit of time and it
>> proved to be useful.
> When did we vote on this?
>

>> It apparently had been disabled and a direct push was made which broke
>> master.
> You mean it didn't fully fix it.  Because it was already broken - just travis
> didn't notice.
>

>> I believe it's useless to list the advantages of enforcing the use of pull
>> requests, and I would probably fail to be exhaustive.
> -1
>

> Jürgen

I'm with Jürgen on this, I think we all are responsible developers
acting for the good of QGIS and I didn't see any abuse on direct commits
in the past few years.

On the contrary, I think I should have committed to master directly to
correct a PR of mines that I merged by mistake the day before 3.10
release (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/32369) instead of waiting for
an approval that didn't arrive in time (in this case it wasn't really a
big problem though).

Cheers

--
Alessandro Pasotti