[Qgis-psc] Discussion our financial situation

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 01:11:23 PST 2019

Hi Ale, all

Le jeu. 14 nov. 2019 à 09:43, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 9:28 AM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
> wrote:
>
> Hi, I fully agree on all proposals, if we have a few bucks lefts I'd
> really like to dedicate some time to fix and enhance the HTML/CSS part of
> the website and in particular the documentation/manual, I think that the
> current style is not ideal and I would like to see something more similar
> to https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/  with:
> - TOC on the right side
> - color theme more in line with our official color palette
> - better fonts and styles for sections and headings
> - better layout for bulleted lists
>
> Speaking only for the documentation, Richard has proposed months ago a
migration to a readthedocs-based theme and I've been looking into this the
last weeks. An earlier version is available at
https://qgis.org/test/en/docs/  with a branch at
https://github.com/DelazJ/QGIS-Documentation/blob/bing_bang_boum/ (not the
latest changes)
This does not seem to be the same look as what are you are suggesting but
the main missing visual bits (not pushed online) is the menu at the bottom
allowing to move to versions and translations.

Sorry if ever i'm off-topic but wanted to share that information in case
something has to be decided in this area.

Regards,
Harrissou

There are also some minor things that could be enhanced in the plugins