[Qgis-psc] Report from Osgeo meeting

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Nov 25 09:49:04 PST 2019

Hi all,
we have been kindly invited to the osgeo meeting. Discussion was short,
but productive. Their suggestions were:
* apply for funds as community project (a request to all project will be
sent soon)
* at the same time, apply for osgeo4w incubation
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee
as this will guarantee a larger and more secure budget allocated.
I still feel a bit uncomfortable about this proposal, as IMHO osgeo4w is
more of a piece of infrastructure that as a software project, but the
analogy with osgeolive holds.
I suggest therefore to appoint three people, led by Juergen, to keep on
the discussion with osgeo, with the aim of securing long term funding
for this.
The place to discuss about it is:
As a background, there is an old proposal fr about the same thing:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/rfc1_pmc
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu