[Qgis-psc] QGIS Matrix room

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Apr 9 03:53:46 PDT 2020

We just set up a Matrix homeserver on the OSGeo
infrastructure and I think it would be nice to add
a #qgis:osgeo.org alias to the existing matrix room
currently known as #qgis:matrix.org, and publish the
room on the OSGeo's matrix room directory.

Adding such alias requires administration powers
for the #qgis:matrix.org room, and those powers are
currently only hold by @timlinux:matrix.org, who does
not seem to reply to private matrix messages. They can
be shared, so may I ask to get those permissions as
@strk:osgeo.org ? Or otherwise share it with someone
else in the QGIS community who does use Matrix and can
be trusted (Jurgen is only "moderator" of that room) ?

Shall any of you want to test the new homeserver, it's
backed up by the OSGeo UserID database so just enter
"matrix.osgeo.org" as the homeserver address and your
OSGeo UserID name/password for credentials.

You can find me on the matrix, also as @strk:osgeo.org

--strk;