[Qgis-psc] Traveling to the 's-Hertogenbosch

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Jan 11 03:46:39 PST 2020

Hi,
> now applying for a sailing boat reimbursement then!
> Cheers.

;-)

But more seriously: I believe for certain products, sail boats will also
see a revival in the future, combined with LNG or hydrogen energy:
http://wind-ship.org/ and https://ladeas.no/

My office colleague has investments in a company that already runs cargo
sailboats between South America and Europe, mainly for coffee beans and
other tropical produce that isn't so time sensitive:
https://timbercoast.com/en/ - they are looking for a new chief mate ;-)

I believe we live in a time where we need to pursue such concepts -
improvements from technologies from the past, that are mores sustainable
than our current way of living. Even if it costs a bit more upfront.

But this topic is way beyond QGIS - other than the fact, that maybe some
day QGIS can be used to optimize shipping routes taking into account
current wind and weather conditions.

In Germany and Slovakia, QGIS is already used to plan wind and solar
farms, so QGIS is already helping with researching more sustainable ways
of life ;-)

Greetings,