[Qgis-psc] Investigating CMYK support in Qt/QGIS

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Wed Jul 1 04:17:21 PDT 2020

Hi PSC,

Nyall is investigating ways to support CMYK in QGIS in the future.

Parts of this work (probably the larger part) will be improvements in the
qt library.

KDAB would be willing to investigate the feasibility and amount of effort
necessary for these improvements.

I am therefore asking PSC to permit using some funds from the "Qt5 upstream
improvements"section (we have 10k in this section, see
https://www.qgis.org/en/_downloads/QGISBudget2020.pdf ). For the first
investigation we will probably need 2 days of work.

Please reply if you are ok with QGIS.ORG funding this initial CMYK in Qt
work.

For any follow-up work there will most likely be some institutional crowd
funding.

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)