[Qgis-psc] final countdown on the web site

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 04:24:45 PDT 2020

Hi PSC,

Not sure who is the best target for such a mail, but I wanted to report
that I don't find very professional the count down to the next release on
QGIS website:

1 the countdown is in minutes (not in days), I am expecting something to
change when it reaches 0 (i.e. the download link to appear*)
2. the fact that it is frozen is a dev thing and has no reason to be on the
front page
3. the time until packaging is actually the same as the time until next
point release
4. the text is barely readable (small)

Having a countdown in days to next releases (release, point release, LTR)
with their version numbers being explicit would be more useful and
meaningful for one browsing the main page.

A dev is more likely to look at the roadmap.

Sorry to report things that I find not optimal, you're doing an awesome job
for all the rest :)
Cheers,

Denis

* I know release != packaging, but common users don't